Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard and mousepad dont work.

Hello,

I have macbook pro 2015, when I opened my mac after 3 hour, keyboard and mouse pad didn't work and there appeared pop up that Bluetooth looking for keyboard.

I tried both hitting capslock until popup comes, or shut down and press command option p r until it opens. Both didn't work.

Please help,what I can do else?

Thank you

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 2:19 PM

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD)

2 replies

Aug 30, 2018 1:28 AM in response to Kappy

I had the same thing with my MacBook. Searching the internet shows that it might have to do with FileVault and not having an external keyboard/mouse connected. Do you use FileVault on you Mac?

For me the following sollution works:

- Go to System Preferences/Bluetooth/Advanced...

- When I saw the problem, in my settings there I only had the last option ("Allow Bluetooth devices to wake up this computer") enabled. Since I've switched each setting (so enabling both options about the "Open Bluetooth Setup Assistant at startup..." and disabling "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake up this computer"), I can simply boot my computer with a responding keyboard and trackpad.

(I'm still experimenting with these settings.)

I hope this helps you too.

Kind regards!

Keyboard and mousepad dont work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.