Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can iCloud Keychain work for two people on same Mac?

Can two people set up iCloud Keychain on the same mac computer? We are a married couple using the same desktop mac, each with our own iphones. Or is keychain really for only one person to use.

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 4:41 PM

it is for one Apple ID to use - if you both use the same Apple ID (usually not recommended but i works for me and my wife) then every thing is shared - if you each have your own Apple ID then you can not share a keychain or anything else except what Family sharing shares if you have it set up - Family Sharing - Apple

LN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2018 4:41 PM in response to gksullivan

it is for one Apple ID to use - if you both use the same Apple ID (usually not recommended but i works for me and my wife) then every thing is shared - if you each have your own Apple ID then you can not share a keychain or anything else except what Family sharing shares if you have it set up - Family Sharing - Apple

LN

How can iCloud Keychain work for two people on same Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.