Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover mistakenly deleted Imessage conversation

Hello! I accidentally deleted an Imessage conversation on my Ipad, and I haven't backed it up for while, so if I do a recover from a back-up, I will lose a month's worth of messages. However, I do have the complete conversation on my Iphone. Is there anyway to get the same complete conversation back on my Ipad?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2018 8:28 AM

Hi eileencornett,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you'd like to recover a conversation that you deleted from your iPad but remains on your iPhone. I know how important messages can be on any device. I'm happy to help.

It's possible you can use iCloud to retrieve your conversation. Turning on Messages in iCloud allows you to access your entire message history across devices. I understand that these messages are valuable to you, before trying any steps it's a good idea to make sure your iPhone has been backed up. Then, I recommend turning on Messages in iCloud on your iPhone using the steps below:
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [your name].
  3. Tap iCloud.
  4. Turn on Messages.
Keep all your messages in iCloud

Once you've enabled Messages on your iPhone, repeat the steps above to do the same on your iPad. Please review the link above for additional information about Messages in iCloud.

Have a great day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2018 8:28 AM in response to eileencornett

Hi eileencornett,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you'd like to recover a conversation that you deleted from your iPad but remains on your iPhone. I know how important messages can be on any device. I'm happy to help.

It's possible you can use iCloud to retrieve your conversation. Turning on Messages in iCloud allows you to access your entire message history across devices. I understand that these messages are valuable to you, before trying any steps it's a good idea to make sure your iPhone has been backed up. Then, I recommend turning on Messages in iCloud on your iPhone using the steps below:
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [your name].
  3. Tap iCloud.
  4. Turn on Messages.
Keep all your messages in iCloud

Once you've enabled Messages on your iPhone, repeat the steps above to do the same on your iPad. Please review the link above for additional information about Messages in iCloud.

Have a great day!

Recover mistakenly deleted Imessage conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.