Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access and edit my contacts on my iPad Pro?

I want to edit my groups in my contacts. I have an iPad Pro with the latest version of iOS.

It keeps taking me to the page to set up my device. Our use iCloud all the time on my device it is already set up. I have tried signing in but I can't seem to find a place to edit my contact groups.

MacBook Pro, Other OS, OS X El Capitan 10.11

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 9:40 AM

Hello mabellucy,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I can help with this. One way to organize your contacts on your iPad is to use iCloud to sync your groups across your devices. To edit your Contacts groups, use the Contacts app on a Mac or go to iCloud.com using a web browser on a computer. Organize the contacts how you want them in either of these ways and they will sync to your iPad.

Create groups of contacts on Mac - Apple Support

iCloud: Create a group and add contacts in iCloud​

Hope this helps.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2018 9:40 AM in response to mabellucy

Hello mabellucy,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I can help with this. One way to organize your contacts on your iPad is to use iCloud to sync your groups across your devices. To edit your Contacts groups, use the Contacts app on a Mac or go to iCloud.com using a web browser on a computer. Organize the contacts how you want them in either of these ways and they will sync to your iPad.

Create groups of contacts on Mac - Apple Support

iCloud: Create a group and add contacts in iCloud​

Hope this helps.

Jul 31, 2018 9:39 AM in response to linzimartine

Thank you, after calling Apple I found out that you cannot actually edit your contact groups on an iPad.

Neither can you email your highlights or comments in a document.

For both of these issues there are workarounds. In order to collaborate with others on a document they have to follow a link like they would in dropbox.

You described what needs to be done if you want to edit your contacts.

How do I access and edit my contacts on my iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.