Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login loop bug on Podcast Connect

Every time I log into https://podcastsconnect.apple.com it redirects me to Get Started with iTunes Connect. If I click on the Podcasts icon, it wants me to login again. It's an infinite loop of login and redirect.

I manage a podcast that was moved from iTunes U to Podcasts back when they migrated non-courses out of iTunes U. I'd love to get the detailed analytics.

I have tried:

• a different browser that has never tried to login to Podcasts Connect -- same login/redirect loop happened
  • authorizing at least one computer for this account through iTunes -- no effect
  • creating a developer account -- no effect
  • contacting Apple for help -- I can't, because when I select Podcasts as the topic, it redirects me to login, and it enters the original login/redirect loop

Any suggestions?

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 2, 2018 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2018 11:15 AM

I'm experiencing the same issue:

1. Podcasts Connect Login (purple)
  2. iTunes Connect Menu (teal)
  3. Click Podcasts Connect
  4. Navigates to blank screen at https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/my-podcasts/new-feed
  5. Redirect to Podcasts Connect Login (purple)

I have tried the following things (from various support discussions):

1. Multiple browsers
  2. Log in to iTunes with the same account that I'm using to log in to Podcasts Connect
  3. Log in to App Store with the same account that I'm using to log in to Podcasts Connect
  4. Authorize current computer in iTunes
  5. Add a credit card to the same account that I'm using to log in to Podcasts Connect
  6. Add funds to the same account that I'm using to log in to Podcasts Connect
  7. Make a purchase using the same account that I'm using to log in to Podcasts Connect

At this point, I think I'm out of things to try. I sent an email on the 2nd of August to podcastsupport@apple.com explaining the issue as I've explained above. The automated reply said that I have been assigned case number 100602683760. I haven't received any non-automated replies from Apple yet.

271 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2018 11:15 AM in response to odufromportsmouth

I'm experiencing the same issue:

1. Podcasts Connect Login (purple)
  2. iTunes Connect Menu (teal)
  3. Click Podcasts Connect
  4. Navigates to blank screen at https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/my-podcasts/new-feed
  5. Redirect to Podcasts Connect Login (purple)

I have tried the following things (from various support discussions):

1. Multiple browsers
  2. Log in to iTunes with the same account that I'm using to log in to Podcasts Connect
  3. Log in to App Store with the same account that I'm using to log in to Podcasts Connect
  4. Authorize current computer in iTunes
  5. Add a credit card to the same account that I'm using to log in to Podcasts Connect
  6. Add funds to the same account that I'm using to log in to Podcasts Connect
  7. Make a purchase using the same account that I'm using to log in to Podcasts Connect

At this point, I think I'm out of things to try. I sent an email on the 2nd of August to podcastsupport@apple.com explaining the issue as I've explained above. The automated reply said that I have been assigned case number 100602683760. I haven't received any non-automated replies from Apple yet.

Apr 25, 2019 11:39 PM in response to odufromportsmouth

I'm stuck in the same loop but with an Apple ID that is already established and with 3 podcasts under it's belt.

The following loop is the same on a cell phone, Windows desktop, and Windows laptop. I do not have access to Apple Devices for troubleshooting.

Part A: iTunes

1. make sure it's up to date on machine x (obviously cell phone is exempt from part A as not an apple phone)
  2. de-authorize all computers
  3. sign out of apple id
  4. restart machine
  5. sign in with apple id
  6. pray for terms of service to pop up
  7. shrug when no terms pop up
  8. change payment method
  9. move on to part B

Part B: Website

1. Open browser (browsers used have been, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Comodo, and Internet Explorer)

2. Go to podcastsconnect.apple.com

3. automatically be redirected to https://itunesconnect.apple.com/login?module=PodcastsConnect&hostname=podcastsconnect.apple.com&targetUrl=%2F&failUrl=%2F

4. Sign in with my apple id

5. be presented with terms of service

6. read terms of service

7. check box that I have read the terms of service.

8. click accept on the terms of service.

9. regardless of machine or browser, be immediately looped back to https://itunesconnect.apple.com/login?module=PodcastsConnect&hostname=podcastsconnect.apple.com&targetUrl=%2F&failUrl=%2F

It's maddening and there appears to be no hope in site. When I try to contact apple, it loops me back around to the login page for podcasts connect so I can't contact apple. I kind of need to get in there to make some modifications due to the whole Luminary issue going on right now but can't get past the loop.

Aug 15, 2018 6:17 PM in response to odufromportsmouth

I was able to login as well and got past the "Terms of Service" page loop. Then went to my podcast and looked at the Podcast Analytics (beta) which is the whole reason I was trying to get in.

It is in beta, but I at first saw analytics for my episodes (I have 200 or so spanning 10 years +) and was poking around in them and all of a sudden the page refreshed with a "not enough data" message which was odd considering how long I've had the podcast on iTunes. This was the screen.

User uploaded file

Oh well... It is in beta. At least I got in finally...

Aug 2, 2018 8:11 AM in response to andreafromdap

This problem has arisen a number of times. It's no good talking to getsupport.apple.com: the people to contact are Podcasts Support. Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately there has been a problem using this contact method for several people, but it has been reported so if you run into it just try again from time to time.

Aug 4, 2018 3:18 PM in response to TromRomram

I'm in the same boat as well. I was with Apple Support for 2 hours, I screen shared the issue you just stated, and then she couldn't do anything. Apparently another company (only open from 9am - 7pm CST) actually runs the site for them.

The issue is at this point: https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/my-podcasts/new-feedwe are just sent back to the login. It's very frustrating and it's unfathomable a company worth a trillion dollars can have an idiotic bug on its site like this.

Aug 14, 2018 8:52 AM in response to odufromportsmouth

Dear other frustrated Apple Podcast Connect users:

I've been stuck in the perpetual loop since last Wednesday August 8th trying to get my new podcast approved by Apple. I've spent a dozen hours on the phone with lovely tech support staffers, including supervisors. I've also been to the bricks and mortar Apple store. All to no avail. And, of course, I've been emailing non-stop. One of the emails I received over the weekend asked me if I wanted to get a "weekly" update? That made me VERY nervous. How long has this been going on and has anyone else gotten a handle as to how many of us are out there?

Here's the latest message I got this morning:

User uploaded file

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for contacting us. I understand you are not able to upload your podcast.

This is an issue we are aware of and our engineers are working to resolve it. I apologize for the inconvenience.

At this time I do not have a workaround or time frame in which the issue will be resolved. Please check back periodically and try again.

Your case number is xxxxxxxxx

Best regards,

La Donna
Apple Inc.

Login loop bug on Podcast Connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.