Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not showing new mail from user

I have an iPhone email issue with a single user. The email account this is happening with is set up as IMAP.

The user sent an email on May 11. Now any emails from this user, whether same or different subject do not show on the iPhone. What I see instead is the original May 11 message marked as unread, and with the "replied" icon. Opening this mail does not change the read status. This problem has caused me to lose some emails.

This does not happen with other email clients like Thunderbird or Horde.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 2, 2018 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 12:05 PM

Raintreebc wrote:

I have an iPhone email issue with a single user. The email account this is happening with is set up as IMAP.

The user sent an email on May 11. Now any emails from this user, whether same or different subject do not show on the iPhone. What I see instead is the original May 11 message marked as unread, and with the "replied" icon. Opening this mail does not change the read status. This problem has caused me to lose some emails.

Delete and reinstall the mail account.

Or log into your mail on a web browser and see if you receive that person email there and that user hasn't been blocked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2018 12:05 PM in response to Raintreebc

Raintreebc wrote:

Delete and reinstall the mail account.

Or log into your mail on a web browser and see if you receive that person email there and that user hasn't been blocked.

iPhone not showing new mail from user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.