Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete photos "from my Mac" that uploaded to my iPhone 7 when I synced with MacBookPro?

I recently synced my iPhone 7 to my MacBook Pro and ALL my photos uploaded to my iphone. How do I prevent this from happening? If I delete these photos from my iPhone will they be deleted in my Photos on Mac? I do not use iCloud. What is the best way to delete these photos from iPhone? Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 4, 2018 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2018 8:04 AM

If they were synced to phone via iTunes, delete them by syncing again using the following instructions from Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
  3. Click Photos.
  4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

3. Click Photos.
  4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2018 8:04 AM in response to solarjac

If they were synced to phone via iTunes, delete them by syncing again using the following instructions from Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

3. Click Photos.
  4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

3. Click Photos.
  4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

How do I delete photos "from my Mac" that uploaded to my iPhone 7 when I synced with MacBookPro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.