Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with upgrade to High Sierra

I am using the Macbook pro late 2013 with macOS Mavericks. And I have made an attempt to update this to High Sierra, but after completing upgrade, the macOS on my machine shows version OS X 10.9.5, not the High Sierra. In the App Store, it says High Sierra was already installed. Could you please tell me what the problem is. Thanks

Posted on Aug 4, 2018 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2018 10:54 PM

Check your Applications folder for the High Sierra installer - Install macOS High Sierra. If it's still there then put a copy of it into your Downloads folder. Do the following:

1. Restart the computer and after the chime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid tab in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.
  6. Now, rerun the installer.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2018 10:54 PM in response to sanouk01

Check your Applications folder for the High Sierra installer - Install macOS High Sierra. If it's still there then put a copy of it into your Downloads folder. Do the following:

1. Restart the computer and after the chime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid tab in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.
  6. Now, rerun the installer.

Problem with upgrade to High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.