Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X is stuck on swipe up to upgrade....when I swipe up to upgrade it will ask for my passcode and then it will stay on the apple logo...it repeats this all over...how do I fix it?

iPhone X is stuck on swipe up to upgrade...how do I fix it?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 7:46 AM

Try this: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I notice that your screen is cracked. There may be additional internal damage also that could account for this problem.

11 replies

Sep 25, 2018 9:05 PM in response to Femmina

Found the answer!!!! This worked for me and I did not lose anything.

Depending on which iPhone you have, either press and hold the volume down and side button simultaneously until the screen goes completely black. If it does not reboot on its own, then power it on; it should continue booting up as normal. If you have an iPhone with a home button, press and hold the home button and sleep/wake button simultaneously. Follow same steps above.

iPhone X is stuck on swipe up to upgrade....when I swipe up to upgrade it will ask for my passcode and then it will stay on the apple logo...it repeats this all over...how do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.