Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv 4k not support 4k youtube

Apple when planning an update of the youtube application so that it can support a 4k video.

Me as a user, I do not care about your problem with google and their codec.

I can not watch 4k video on my apple tv.

Solution to my and the problem of many users?!?

please answer?

I'm very disappointed when I make a comparison of youtube in android tv Sony and youtube on apple tv, the difference is huge ...

I bought apple tv 4k not apple tv 1080p.

If you do not have a solution !!!

In that case, write in the specifications that it does not support youtube 4k.

It would be fair.

Apple TV 4K, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2018 1:25 PM

it was related to the codec(VP9) youtube 4k used which did not make it possible for google to make their youtube app do 4k on appletv because the appletv hardware did not support the decoding in hardware, and not sure if handled in software would give issues with performance

read more

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/02/07/apple-tv-youtube-app-redesign/

if the solution is that google in the future will somehow enable support in their app

or if later models of appletv's support the VP9 codec is unknown at present time

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2018 1:25 PM in response to OliverMacedonia

it was related to the codec(VP9) youtube 4k used which did not make it possible for google to make their youtube app do 4k on appletv because the appletv hardware did not support the decoding in hardware, and not sure if handled in software would give issues with performance

read more

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/02/07/apple-tv-youtube-app-redesign/

if the solution is that google in the future will somehow enable support in their app

or if later models of appletv's support the VP9 codec is unknown at present time

Aug 6, 2018 1:24 PM in response to Rudegar

Okay but then Apple is obligated to notify users in the specification itself and not now to justify how Google is guilty and their codec.

Me as a user I'm interested in when can I get an opportunity from Apple so I can use my apple tv 4k for 4k videos on youtube?

let them agree with Google to put the encoder and get it to work.

Otherwise apple tv 4k is not a 4k player apple BAD

Youtube app is not updated for 4 months!!

Apple tnx !!!

Apple tv 4k not support 4k youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.