Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Gatekeeper on High Sierra to remember decisions?

Just upgraded to latest MacBook Pro with High Sierra (10.13.6) and I'm having trouble with Gatekeeper.

I have it set to allow apps from "App Store and identified developers."

However, it's asking me if I want to open a particular app every single time I open it.

Is there a way to get it to remember my decision so that I'm only asked the first time I try to open an app after downloading?

I know how to switch it off permanently, but I'd like to avoid that.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Gatekeeper

Posted on Aug 6, 2018 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2018 11:03 PM

OK, false alarm.

In the best tradition of compsci I deleted it, re-downloaded it and installed it again. This time I was asked if I wanted to open it, said yes and it looks like that decision has been remembered. 🙂

5 replies

Aug 6, 2018 10:52 PM in response to Cunnla

Yep, it probably is (Sublime Text editor) but previously there was a way of effectively saying "yes, I know this is from an unidentified developer, but I would like to open it anyway" and that decision would be remembered. You had to enter your admin pwd etc.

I have the same app & the same Gatekeeper settings on my previous laptop (also 10.13.6) but I don't get the constant "do you want to open" question as my decision to whitelist this app had been recorded long before updating to High Sierra.

How to get Gatekeeper on High Sierra to remember decisions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.