Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gatekeeper.

There is one extension I need gatekeeper to ask me again as last time it asked me but I didn't go to System Preference to allow it. Now I cannot allow it anymore... Any help?

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 6:05 PM

Have you tried restarting the computer?

After restarting the computer try running the app associated with the driver to see if triggers Gatekeeper to prompt you for permission to run. I had this issue with an Intel app which included a driver. After a couple attempts to get a Gatekeeper prompt the app & driver just worked.

If this doesn't help, then you will most likely need to contact the developer of the app/driver.

Make sure you are not running any anti-virus software, cleaning apps, or third party security software as they may interfere with the app and driver.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 6:05 PM in response to SuperdaRt

Have you tried restarting the computer?

After restarting the computer try running the app associated with the driver to see if triggers Gatekeeper to prompt you for permission to run. I had this issue with an Intel app which included a driver. After a couple attempts to get a Gatekeeper prompt the app & driver just worked.

If this doesn't help, then you will most likely need to contact the developer of the app/driver.

Make sure you are not running any anti-virus software, cleaning apps, or third party security software as they may interfere with the app and driver.

Jul 22, 2021 3:45 AM in response to SuperdaRt

SuperdaRt wrote:

There is one extension I need gatekeeper to ask me again as last time it asked me but I didn't go to System Preference to allow it. Now I cannot allow it anymore... Any help?

What extension?

What app ?

>System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Full Disk Access (?)

Change Security & Privacy General preferences on Mac ...

Safari

How to install Safari extensions on your Mac - Apple Support

>System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Gatekeeper.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.