Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mailbox pane missing On My Mac!

I'm trying to find a way to get the On My Mac folders in my Mac Mail program to be loaded into the Mailbox pane. I can transfer emails to folders within On My Mac, but then I can't access them.

Any idea on this??

Thanks

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 6:12 AM

7 replies

Aug 10, 2018 9:39 AM in response to anonyme4321

Read the article, seemed like it should work to rebuild the mailboxes. Unfortunately, when it rebuilt I lost all connections to all of my emails, gmail, verizon and work. I did keep the files on my desktop so I was able to replace them and get my connections back. You'd think Apple would make this easier especially since the On My Mac shows up as a place to put email!

Thanks for your reply but still not a solution.

Aug 10, 2018 10:22 AM in response to Old Toad

That's where I expected it to be but if you look at my jpg above, you'll see the only thing there is "Today".

That's why I trying to put it there again. I know it's in my folder because I can copy email to folders inside it, but I can't get to the folders.

Thanks Old Toad.

Update: I have found it in my smart Mailboxes near the bottom of the other smart mailboxes. If there was a solution I would have to say that the referenced article

"See this article: https://grayjetmedia.com/2016/04/01/recovering-lost-on-my-mac-local-mailboxes-af ter-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-upgrade/"

Did work after all since it wasn't there before I followed the procedure. I'm going to say that fixed my problem.

Thanks all for the help!

Mailbox pane missing On My Mac!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.