Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset Apple Watch with a broken screen

Problem 1: My Apple Watch 2 face has a small crack. Rendering the touch screen part useless... I can't touch the screen anywhere and get a reaction.

Problem 2: My iphone was one with the internal antenna problem, so it had to be replaced. So now my new phone isn't synced with my Apple Watch.

Problem 3: I moved recently, so the Apple Watch 2 (not 3 with cell capabilities.....) isn't connected to my old wifi anymore, or else i could use FindMyiPhone and erase watch that way.

Is there a master reset on the Apple Watch? Like can i hold the crown and home button long enough and it reset complete to as if it had never been used? So you get that original screen that you can scan with you iPhone to sync?

Apple Watch Series 2

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 7:10 AM

You can try the second procedure in If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support if the broken screen will allow it. However, the screen damage will probably block you from setting up the watch again, so I suggest Contact Apple Support and arrange service for the watch.

Similar questions

1 reply

Reset Apple Watch with a broken screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.