Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Problems

My phone is continuously asking for the password for my Apple ID for an old email, which was never my Apple ID to begin with? It will not let me do anything without putting a password in... so i tried to put my password in for my actual Apple ID, and of course it says "this oldemail@old.com is not and Apple ID". I'm so lost!!!!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.3.3, APPLE ID

Posted on Aug 10, 2018 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2018 1:15 PM

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for an old Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the old ID. Those purchases are tied to the old ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the old ID and download them using the new ID if desired.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2018 1:15 PM in response to brittanyfrombaltimore

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for an old Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the old ID. Those purchases are tied to the old ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the old ID and download them using the new ID if desired.

Apple ID Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.