Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro not booting

My 15 inch MacBook Pro (A1398, EMC 2876) is not getting charged and not booting. I get following screen when I turn it on:

User uploaded file

When I connect my charger, it first turns green and then orange as usual. However, the charging port doesn't heat up as it normally does.

The original had stopped working as some of it's pins had turned black. However, I was able to charge this laptop with charger of another 13" MacBook Pro. Some time later, it stopped charging at all and didn't boot. After I noticed some of the pins in the laptops charging port also had turned black, I replaced the charging port myself. However, this also didn't seem to fix my problem. The state of laptop is same as before changing the charging port.

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks,
Aniket

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), A1398, EMC 2876

Posted on Aug 11, 2018 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 4:14 AM

Hi anik.et,

The "Service Battery" indicator may have already solved your problem. Your battery might have failed or lost the capacity needed by your Mac to run. Your best option would probably be to get your Mac serviced by Apple.

Similar questions

3 replies

MacBook Pro not booting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.