Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an unknown app on my phone. I’m concerned it is a bug or malware

I have an unknown app on my phone. I’m concerned it is a bug or malware. It is the light gray app that has lines in it. It does nothing when I try to open it and I can’t get rid of it when it try to delete it

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 12:07 PM

If it is possible to take a screen shot and post it, it would help.

In the meantime, try the following in order: (Note: If any step resolves the issue, STOP, do not go on to the next step.)

• Restart your iOS device: To restart your (perform a soft reset) iOS device, press and hold the sleep/wake button while pressing and holding the Home button. When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons. (Note: This will NOT delete any data or apps, nor change any of its settings.)
  • Perform a "Reset All Settings" reset: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2018 12:07 PM in response to debrafromyakima

If it is possible to take a screen shot and post it, it would help.

In the meantime, try the following in order: (Note: If any step resolves the issue, STOP, do not go on to the next step.)

• Restart your iOS device: To restart your (perform a soft reset) iOS device, press and hold the sleep/wake button while pressing and holding the Home button. When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons. (Note: This will NOT delete any data or apps, nor change any of its settings.)
  • Perform a "Reset All Settings" reset: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

I have an unknown app on my phone. I’m concerned it is a bug or malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.