Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mr iphone app/spam help needed

Dear Team,

i owned an iphone since 3g, and since then i always found an application called mr iphone as the below pic from my iphone, i never knew what is it? and whenever i click on it it takes me to invalid page on safari, however whenever i delete it, it comes back with the first download i do from apple store, any app, it seems that it was a link or spam but it still till today whenever i upgrade my iphone it come with my app restore process

so i was wondering is there anyone who can help or have a clue

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 6:26 AM

Hello Yahaer,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with an app reappearing on your iPhone. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

You mentioned that this app reappears after you restore your iPhone and re-download your apps. When you restore, are you restoring from a backup? Next time you restore your iPhone, try setting your iPhone up as new and without the backup to test the issue: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

After you delete the app, does it stay off of your iPhone until you restore your backup? Also, when you delete the app, are you using the steps here: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Finally, is your iPhone one that you use for work purposes? If so, you may want to check to see if your company requires that app to be downloaded upon setting up your iPhone.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 6:26 AM in response to Yahaer

Hello Yahaer,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with an app reappearing on your iPhone. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

You mentioned that this app reappears after you restore your iPhone and re-download your apps. When you restore, are you restoring from a backup? Next time you restore your iPhone, try setting your iPhone up as new and without the backup to test the issue: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

After you delete the app, does it stay off of your iPhone until you restore your backup? Also, when you delete the app, are you using the steps here: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Finally, is your iPhone one that you use for work purposes? If so, you may want to check to see if your company requires that app to be downloaded upon setting up your iPhone.

Take care.

mr iphone app/spam help needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.