Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two-factor authentication code sent to MacBook not working

When I sign into iCloud on my MacBook, a 6 digit verification code is sent to both the MacBook I am using and my iPhone (my trusted devices). When I use the code sent to the MacBook, ‘Incorrect verification code‘ pops up. However, when I use the code sent to my iPhone, I’m able to get in.

The same thing happens when I sign into my AppleID on my iPhone; the code from my MacBook doesn’t work, while the code sent to my iPhone does.

User uploaded file

I can luckily use my iPhone for the time being, but would like to figure out what the issue is with the codes sent to my MacBook to avoid any issues in the future (e.g. I do t have my phone at hand).

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2018 12:59 AM

That is strange. As you are aware, the code sent to any of your devices should work. You may want to contact Apple Support using the "Contact Support" at the top right of this page or via Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 11, 2018 10:07 AM in response to HaCas

I'm having the same issue. And its actually causing me a ton of trouble. I no longer have access to the trusted phone number listed on the account.

I'm using a Mid 2009 Macbook with OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan Installed.

I can only get codes sent to the device from one action, trying to log into iCloud from the web. These codes are always invalid.

I cannot get codes sent to it when I attempt to access the icloud account settings on the Macbook or when I try to log into iCloud on a phone.

Two-factor authentication code sent to MacBook not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.