Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redbox app does NOT work

Downloaded the Redbox app to newest version of Apple TV. Every time I load the app all it does is say there’s a connection error. I know there is no connection error because everything else on the Apple TV works. I contacted Redbox and ask them for assistance. They told me this is an Apple issue and to contact Apple anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Posted on Aug 13, 2018 2:02 PM

3 replies

Aug 13, 2018 4:00 PM in response to Jason Fredregill

ask them what port their app require and make sure your router allowed that port

them telling you it's an apple thing is them washing their hands denying any responsiability

their app is as much their responsibility as an app on iPhone iPad or mac or windows would be

the appletv is just a platform. it will likely never happen that apple will release a new firmware release because 1 app is malfunctioning.

Aug 13, 2018 5:58 PM in response to Rudegar

Not for nothing, but the person I spoke to wouldn't know a port from a pot. I didn't blame Apple for anything. Just wondering if anyone else has had the issue. I cannot be the only person unable to load the Redbox app on AppleTV. If I am, maybe Apple will read this and find me unique and come over to see what the deal is. lol. Seriously, for a good laugh, call Redbox and tell them you have this issue. Listen to what hilarity ensues.

Redbox app does NOT work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.