Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BritBox App constant errors

Starting yesterday BritBox started issuing a "can't locate media" or some such error on all programs. It is not an account problem as it works fine on all other devices.

BritBox web site says it means the app is out of date and needs to be manually updated - but how? My Apple TV always automatically updates apps and I can't see any instructions for manual update. I guess I can delete it and reinstall but ....

Any other options?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 9:56 AM

1) I had already restarted the device - it made no difference.

2) Auto updates are on as I said in my original post "My Apple TV always automatically updates apps "

3) Unchecked and re-checked - it had no effect.

4) The referenced web page is basically useless as it really doesn't talk to Apple TV.

5) I did this (when I eventually remembered how to do it) and it cured the problem.

I have to believe that there is an underlying problem with the Britbox app. I have had to delete it previously to fix a problem. Similar issues with the Amazon Firestick version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 9:56 AM in response to mario49

1) I had already restarted the device - it made no difference.

2) Auto updates are on as I said in my original post "My Apple TV always automatically updates apps "

3) Unchecked and re-checked - it had no effect.

4) The referenced web page is basically useless as it really doesn't talk to Apple TV.

5) I did this (when I eventually remembered how to do it) and it cured the problem.

I have to believe that there is an underlying problem with the Britbox app. I have had to delete it previously to fix a problem. Similar issues with the Amazon Firestick version.

Nov 3, 2021 8:32 AM in response to jonfparis

Hello jonfparis,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having trouble with the BritBox app on your Apple TV. We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's restart your Apple TV to begin: Restart Apple TV

Make sure automatic updates are turned on in Settings > Apps > Automatically Update Apps.

If this is already selected, uncheck and recheck the option:

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

If the issue persists delete the app and download it again.

Best Regards.

BritBox App constant errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.