Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 mute unmute itself

Hi,

My iPhone 6 keeps mute and unmuting itself every couple of seconds. I have restored the device, and installed my latest back up to the iPhone again (through my pc iTunes program), but the problem persists. I know about Assistive touch, but this has nothing to do with my current problem. After a full restore and setting up my iPhone as a 'New iPhone', the problem goes away. But as soon as i restore my latest back up to my iPhone, the problem comes back...

Kindly,

Mickey

Posted on Aug 15, 2018 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2018 6:01 AM

If you are now discovering that after restoring it to factory settings, set it up as new, without restoring your data from a backup, the issue is still present, then yes, it could be a hardware failure.

But we can't diagnose it remotely, sorry.

Have your iPhone inpsected at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider, and they will give you all the available options: Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2018 6:01 AM in response to Mickey82

If you are now discovering that after restoring it to factory settings, set it up as new, without restoring your data from a backup, the issue is still present, then yes, it could be a hardware failure.

But we can't diagnose it remotely, sorry.

Have your iPhone inpsected at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider, and they will give you all the available options: Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Aug 15, 2018 5:54 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi ProustGulio,
I was a bit to quick to mention that the mute unmute was resolved by a total restore and setting up as a new iPhone. The fact is that the problem is now active again on my restored phone. Do you know any fix for this problem? Is there any chance my switch button (side slide button) is damaged or something else?

Kind regards,

Mickey

iPhone 6 mute unmute itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.