Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Take photos off I pad and not I phone

How do I remove the photos link between my I pad and my I phone?

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Aug 19, 2018 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2018 12:54 PM

If you mean you are using iCloud Photo Library, then unless you want to turn it off on one or the other, or you want to sign in with a different iCloud ID on one or the other, there is no way to "unlink" them. iCloud Photo Library is a syncing/sharing service, so any device where you are signed into the same iCloud account with that feature turned on is going to share all photos that you have in iCPL.

You can Optimize the photos which will save space. See these support articles for help:

iCloud Photo Library - Getting Started

iCloud Photo Library Help - Apple Support

Best,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2018 12:54 PM in response to corliss

If you mean you are using iCloud Photo Library, then unless you want to turn it off on one or the other, or you want to sign in with a different iCloud ID on one or the other, there is no way to "unlink" them. iCloud Photo Library is a syncing/sharing service, so any device where you are signed into the same iCloud account with that feature turned on is going to share all photos that you have in iCPL.

You can Optimize the photos which will save space. See these support articles for help:

iCloud Photo Library - Getting Started

iCloud Photo Library Help - Apple Support

Best,

GB

Take photos off I pad and not I phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.