You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mobile Device Service missing

Having trouble transferring photos from iPhone to windows PC. OS is windows 10. Updated. Even after deleting and re-installing iTunes I still do not have the Apple Mobile Device Service. Thanks in advance.

Windows 10

Posted on Aug 19, 2018 3:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 12:51 PM

I had this problem too, took me an hour to fix it.

When reinstalling iTunes, do not click on "Get it from Microsoft". That link runs an installer via the browser and it does not install Apple Mobile Device Service. Instead, click on the links with the green tick:User uploaded file

The browser will download the installer file, install iTunes using that installer file.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2018 12:51 PM in response to hag9029

I had this problem too, took me an hour to fix it.

When reinstalling iTunes, do not click on "Get it from Microsoft". That link runs an installer via the browser and it does not install Apple Mobile Device Service. Instead, click on the links with the green tick:User uploaded file

The browser will download the installer file, install iTunes using that installer file.

Aug 20, 2018 5:26 PM in response to hag9029

Hello hag9029,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with transferring your photos from your iPhone to your PC computer. I am happy to check this out.

You mention the Apple Mobile Device Service. Please check these two help articles as there is information relating to Apple Mobile Device Service with Windows in both articles:

1. Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows - Apple support

2. If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Also, you have the option to use iCloud Photo Library to keep your photos synced across your devices. This article talks about this: Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

If you would like to use iCloud Photo Library on your PC, please check these two links:

1. Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

2. Set up and use iCloud Photo Library on your Windows PC - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Apple Mobile Device Service missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.