Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown icon in tray (non removable)

I cannot remove one icon from my tray top menu. I tried to drag it with pressed "Command" key but it has gray crossed circle sign and stays in tray.
When I press this icon it shows "Open Console" but it does not open anything.

It is a green square with white arrow in the bottom part of this icon User uploaded file

I have noticed it appears in my account only. If I open another account it does not have this icon in tray.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), null

Posted on Aug 20, 2018 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2018 9:09 AM

Someone here may know what it is.

In the meantime, you could (1) have a look at System Preferences, Users & Groups, Login items to see if anything there is causing it; (2) run EtreCheck and post the results here. (2) will show what kinds of software are installed and probably can be used to figure out where this icon is from and how to remove it.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2018 9:09 AM in response to vamsfromtoronto

Someone here may know what it is.

In the meantime, you could (1) have a look at System Preferences, Users & Groups, Login items to see if anything there is causing it; (2) run EtreCheck and post the results here. (2) will show what kinds of software are installed and probably can be used to figure out where this icon is from and how to remove it.

Unknown icon in tray (non removable)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.