Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Trackpad 2 - Missing Settings

Hello!

When i pair my Magic Trackpad 2 with my new iMac Pro. There are no Settings for Force Click, Silent Click and Click.

When I pair it with my old Macbook Pro from 2012, the correct Settings will appear.

Do you have the same problem, or even a solution for this? Thanks!

Settings on 2017 iMac Pro with a connected Magic Trackpad 2:

User uploaded file

Settings on 2012 Macbook Pro (with the same Magic Trackpad 2):

User uploaded file

iMac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Aug 21, 2018 12:47 AM

23 replies

Sep 5, 2018 5:59 PM in response to sterntaler75

I was in a chat about this with a "Senior Advisor" at Apple support last night. Just like you, my trackpad shows all the options on my Early 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, but NOT on my Late 2015 iMac. A few days ago I had tried re-installing High-Sierra 10.13.6 and still none of those options in System Preferences. With their advice, after trying removing the .plist files, and still not having the options for click, force click or haptic, the advisor spent some time checking on compatibility. After about 5 minutes they came back and told me that my Late 2015 iMac does not offer haptic or force click as options. Immediately after they told me this, our chat session disconnect due to "a technical issue", so I was not able to question why. My trackpad does work normally, just no haptic or force click. So, I guess there is nothing wrong with my iMac. Seems odd that two computers of similar vintage offer different results...., but I'm not about to screw around with it to potentially mess my iMac up.

Oct 15, 2018 10:05 AM in response to WheelMcCoy

Not to bust anyone's bubble in here, but I received an email from someone with this exact issue who I'm trying to help. They ARE running macOS Mojave 10.14 and using a 2012 MacBook Pro and the settings are still missing for them. So I'm not 100% sure this is simply macOS related. Has anyone tried simply deleting and recreating the `com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad.plist` preference file? Also, what about possible conflicts with older 3rd party mouse/trackpad drivers or software? Conflicts with something like BetterTouch Tool?

Magic Trackpad 2 - Missing Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.