Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor instances starting up for no reason…

ive noticed recently (after trying to play around with h265 encoding) that now every time i start up my mac compressors background instances fire up and stay active even though they aren't working a job. The only thing that makes it go away is starting compressor and then quitting. I have already tried removing user compressor folder, found qmaster in the main library removed that as well. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posted on Aug 23, 2018 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2018 9:25 AM

There's nothing wrong with those background tasks running, they won't slow anything down if they're not doing anything. And they're used by other apps, too.

Two things to try. First, inside Compressor go to Preferences > Advanced > Reset Queue. You'll do this twice. The first time Cancel Jobs and the second time Repair Compressor.

If that doesn't do it and you really want them gone, download the freeware app FCX Remover from Digital Rebellion (dot com) to totally remove Compressor, reboot your Mac, launch the App Store, go to the Purchased section, and Install the latest version of Compressor.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2018 9:25 AM in response to ubernaut

There's nothing wrong with those background tasks running, they won't slow anything down if they're not doing anything. And they're used by other apps, too.

Two things to try. First, inside Compressor go to Preferences > Advanced > Reset Queue. You'll do this twice. The first time Cancel Jobs and the second time Repair Compressor.

If that doesn't do it and you really want them gone, download the freeware app FCX Remover from Digital Rebellion (dot com) to totally remove Compressor, reboot your Mac, launch the App Store, go to the Purchased section, and Install the latest version of Compressor.

Compressor instances starting up for no reason…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.