Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete a corrupt movie file?

Hi,

I'm using iMovie 10.1.9.

I was uploading a movie file from a video camera when the uploaded got disrupted.

The movie file has audio but a black video screen for the whole clip.

How do I delete this file and re-import it from the camera (because I cannot reimport it).

A previous community answer for Final Cut suggested 'File->Import->Reimport from camera/archive' but 10.1.9 does not have these options.

(What are imported media files called? Can I find them in my Finder window?).

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), iMovie 10.1.9

Posted on Aug 24, 2018 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2018 6:08 PM

Hi, Ted Jed,

Select the clip in iMovie. Do a Find/Reveal in Finder. An Original Media folder will pop up with your selected clip highlighted. You can delete it from there and that will take it out of the iMovie library and system. You should then be able to reimport it unless you have deleted it from your camera.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2018 6:08 PM in response to Ted Jed

Hi, Ted Jed,

Select the clip in iMovie. Do a Find/Reveal in Finder. An Original Media folder will pop up with your selected clip highlighted. You can delete it from there and that will take it out of the iMovie library and system. You should then be able to reimport it unless you have deleted it from your camera.

-- Rich

How to delete a corrupt movie file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.