Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X touchscreen not working... tried a few things already

Hello,

I got an iphone x just two days ago. For those two days, it worked just fine. However, I noticed today that the apple restart screen turned on by itself (the white screen with the apple logo). As soon as it finished loading, I tried to swipe up on the screen to open my phone. However, the screen would not respond.

Just a note: I do have a Belkin anti-glare screen cover, but I really do not think that is the cause of my problem.

I force restarted the phone about four times by pressing the volume up button, then the volume down button, then holding the power button until the apple booting screen showed up. Every time, the screen remained unresponsive.

I then connected my phone to my computer, opened itunes, and updated my iOS through this method. Now, when I turn my phone on, the entire screen is white except for text at the bottom of the screen saying "swipe up to recover." (I assume that my phone is now currently in iOS 11.4.1)

Looking at the internet, the next option is to restore my phone in DFU mode, but that is something I would like to avoid.

Is there anything else I am missing?

Please let me know if I posted this in the wrong place.

iPhone X, iOS 11.4.1, null

Posted on Aug 24, 2018 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2018 10:00 AM

Hallo zettilise! Try removing the Belkin anti-glare screen cover and see if this helps...screen protectors can indeed interfere with the touch screen! I never use them for this reason, but that's just my personal opinion! And swiping up from the bottom on an iPhone X is, imho, better without any screen protector.

If this still doesn't help then I´d suggest taking your phone back to where you bought it and have them check/replace it. It´s still under warranty! Hope this helps you! Regards, Ian.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2018 10:00 AM in response to zettilise

Hallo zettilise! Try removing the Belkin anti-glare screen cover and see if this helps...screen protectors can indeed interfere with the touch screen! I never use them for this reason, but that's just my personal opinion! And swiping up from the bottom on an iPhone X is, imho, better without any screen protector.

If this still doesn't help then I´d suggest taking your phone back to where you bought it and have them check/replace it. It´s still under warranty! Hope this helps you! Regards, Ian.

iPhone X touchscreen not working... tried a few things already

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.