You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad will not load certain websites

Hi All,

Beginning yesterday morning, my iPad (running iOS version 11.4.1) will not load a couple of local newspaper websites. All other sites seem to load fine. When you try to load these sites, the page stays blank, and the little wheel beside the wifi indicator just spins endlessly. There is no failure to load or any error message. This occurs when using Safari, Edge or Chrome as the browser. The same issue occurs on my wife's iPad. Our other devices include 2 iphones (iPhone 6 and iPhone7, both with iOS 11.4.1) and a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, and each of these devices are able to load these web sites without issue. I am able to ping the site (using Mocha Ping Lite), but a traceroute times out at ...cloudfront.net.

I am an IT Professional (almost 40 years in the field), and I've exhausted my troubleshooting skills on this.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2018 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2018 5:45 PM

Try settings / general / Date & Time

Turn off the set automatically, check the date and time are correct and make sure the time zone is correct.

Daft as it sounds it’s fixed my problems - no idea why unless the NTP code is interfering with normal website access somehow...

2 replies

My iPad will not load certain websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.