Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius results can't be updated iTunes store doesn't recognize your iTunes library

I'm receiving an error message on iTunes with a red warning exclamation point and intrusive warnings that "Genius results can't be updated because the iTunes store doesn't recognize your iTunes library." This seems like an old problem on this forum--so much so that there is no option under current iTunes (12.8.0.150) to "choose File > Library > Turn Off Genius" (with recommendation to toggle it off/back on. Thoughts?

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.1, 2017 MacBook Pro, macOS 10.13.6

Posted on Aug 27, 2018 11:30 AM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2018 10:21 PM in response to MoonJ.

I've been having the same issue. When I followed the steps you listed, it did not fix the problem. After I logged back in, I'm not able to access library at all now. I'm getting the message "Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred.(4019) I've tried this several times. I've re-installed several different versions and I get the same results. I either can't update my library and have to leave it as is or I can't access it at all.

Aug 28, 2018 2:14 PM in response to Robert Darnell

Hello Robert,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are receiving an error from iTunes saying, "Genius results can't be updated because the iTunes store doesn't recognize your iTunes library." In a situation like this signing out of iTunes and closing iTunes completely may help. Open iTunes again and sign back into iTunes. Then make sure that iCloud Music Library is enabled under Preferences > General Preferences. Lastly, click File > Library and Update iCloud Music Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards.

Nov 23, 2018 10:39 AM in response to curtisfromclearfield

curtisfromclearfield wrote:

I've been having the same issue. When I followed the steps you listed, it did not fix the problem. After I logged back in, I'm not able to access library at all now. I'm getting the message "Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred.(4019) I've tried this several times. I've re-installed several different versions and I get the same results. I either can't update my library and have to leave it as is or I can't access it at all.

A little late perhaps, but if you still have this issue try turning off iCloud Music Library, then turn off Genius, close iTunes, delete iTunes Library Genius.itdb from the iTunes folder, start iTunes, turn on Genius, then turn on iCloud Music Library.

tt2

Genius results can't be updated iTunes store doesn't recognize your iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.