Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Marking/Tagging/Favourite Video

I am looking to find a way to 'tag' part of some video clips prior to dropping them in the timeline. I have a lot of video clips, some that a quite lengthy. I am aware that you can no longer mark with comments in iMovie and that you can 'Favourite' and 'Reject'. However, I do not always want to favourite the entire clip, or reject an entire clip. Is there any logical way I can do this? You will see from my screenshot that I have actually managed it, but I have no idea how! Is it to do with the length of the video clip? Do I have to press a button in addition to 'Favourite' to tag just parts? The idea is that I can then review videos on a daily basis, marking sections as required, to speed up editing when dropping them into the timeline.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 4 TBT3), iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2018 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2018 11:27 AM

Select the clip and move your cursor over the clip while holding down the r key on your keyboard and pressing down on your mouse or track pad. That will outline a selected range on the clip. Tag that range as Favorite.

-- Rich

1 reply

Marking/Tagging/Favourite Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.