Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Onscreen code for Airport Express

I updated the firmware on my Airport Express (2nd gen) to 7.8, and when I try to use airplay now, I get this message: “AirPlay Code - Enter the onscreen code for ‘Airport Express’”. The Airport Express doesn’t have a screen, so....?

User uploaded file

Posted on Aug 29, 2018 4:43 PM

5 replies

Aug 31, 2018 5:33 AM in response to tylerboy2

Ah, great. I had this problem and this seems to have fixed it, but I hope I won't need to keep inputting it every time I connect (I presume not).

What was interesting is that before this, my wife's iPhone 6 which needs its latest iOS update would connect to it as normal, while my up-to-date iPhone SE brought up the strange request for the on-screen code.

A 4 digit code under AirPlay password in the AirPort Utility seems to have fixed the problem for me, thank you.

Rob

Onscreen code for Airport Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.