Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID not working in old App Store version (snow leopard) trying to update to El Capitan!

Trying to update a MacBook Pro 2010 that runs snow Leopard 10.6.8 to El Capitan but it isn't recognising my Apple ID password in the App Store to be able to download it. The password is correct as it works on my iPhone and also when I log in to my account via google just not in the App Store! I searched google and a few other people seemed to have this problem around 2015/16 but couldn't see any solutions! I wondered if it's because of 2 step authentication? Is it too old to handle that? Is there any other way I can log onto my account? Is the password different in the App Store to everything else? Thanks.

Posted on Aug 30, 2018 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2018 12:13 AM

Now solved! Can't find how to delete this post! But if anyone else is trying to update an old version that doesn't recongnise two-factor authentication put your Apple ID password in then it'll say it's wrong then you'll get sent a verification code then put your password followed by the verification code in at the same time e.g. Password123456 then it will work!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2018 12:13 AM in response to RooT85

Now solved! Can't find how to delete this post! But if anyone else is trying to update an old version that doesn't recongnise two-factor authentication put your Apple ID password in then it'll say it's wrong then you'll get sent a verification code then put your password followed by the verification code in at the same time e.g. Password123456 then it will work!

Apple ID not working in old App Store version (snow leopard) trying to update to El Capitan!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.