Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app is not importing photos from iPhone after Photos freeze

I was importing iPhone photos to the Photos app and the app froze up. I aborted the import. Ever since, the iPhone is recognized, but no photos are seen by Photos and the last import is from when the app froze. I tried restarting, shutting down, I even tried Image Capture and it didn't see any photos at all. I say photos, but also mean videos too. I am wondering if I need to remove a plist or something else that will get it to sync again. (I am sure the files are on iCloud but I cannot get them into my Mac the usual way). Thanks!

2015 MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.12.6, iPhone 7 Plus, latest OS

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Sep 1, 2018 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2018 9:47 AM

Clarification question - the Photos application on the Mac is the one that is frozen? I am just trying to make sure I understand correctly.

If the Photos application on the Mac is frozen, try repairing the Library. Quit Photos and reopen with the command - option/alt keys held down. See if the repair helps.

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 1, 2018 7:16 PM in response to Skip Edwards

Most posters recommend not using cleaning programs. They can destroy normal computer operations.

CleanMyMac Uninstall

CleanMyMac 2 uninstall

CleanMyMac3 Uninstall

Check for any remaining associated files using these programs.

EasyFind – Spotlight Replacement

Find Any File

If you are using OS 10.10.3 or above, open Photos, then go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud, sign in, and check Photos syncing.

Sep 1, 2018 8:55 PM in response to Eric Root

I don't use Clean My Mac often, and it only gave a notification about the camera app. I have the syncing already on with iCloud, I am not going to have it put my entire library in iCloud because that is too huge.

Do you know of any way I can revert to a before-freeze state with Photos, or a way to force-sync with the iPhone? Unfortunately I'm away from home and don't have my Time Machine drive with me.

Photos app is not importing photos from iPhone after Photos freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.