Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to stop a schedule download on iPhoto shared album

When setting up a shared iPhoto album, I somehow downloaded the photos I wanted to add 2, maybe 3 times. I reached the limit (almost 1000 photos) and something popped up saying it would start again on some date. The pop up went away so fast I am not sure when it will start downloading again. 1.) Can I stop these future downloads?

2.) If they are downloaded again, will be added at the end or by date taken? Hoping the former so it be easier to delete them all. Thank you

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 4, 2018 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2018 8:00 AM

2.) If they are downloaded again, will be added at the end or by date taken? Hoping the former so it be easier to delete them all. Thank you

Shared albums will always be sorted by the date, the photos have been added.

I reached the limit (almost 1000 photos) and something popped up saying it would start again on some date.

There are different limits for shared albums - the total numbers of photos as well as hourly and daily upload limits. The limits are listed here: My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing limits - Apple Support

The upload should resume automatically once the time interval is up.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2018 8:00 AM in response to mbtuc14

Shared albums will always be sorted by the date, the photos have been added.

I reached the limit (almost 1000 photos) and something popped up saying it would start again on some date.

There are different limits for shared albums - the total numbers of photos as well as hourly and daily upload limits. The limits are listed here: My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing limits - Apple Support

The upload should resume automatically once the time interval is up.

Want to stop a schedule download on iPhoto shared album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.