Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

e-mail on apple id

1) I want to change my e-mail on apple id when i sign in and to resceive an e- mail from apple.

My old apple id is *****@ hotmail.com

i want to change for new e-mail *****@ mail.ru

but when i edit it they write for me his e mail are unavailable why ??? but i use the new e-mail(... @mail.ru) every day and it is available. so help me to manage please. and tell me the problem

2)how can i do new apple id and copy all my data from other and old apple id to this new id ?

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

iPhone X, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 5, 2018 7:21 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 5, 2018 7:26 AM in response to mhamadfrommoscow

If your e-mail address was associated with the ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again. You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID.

Don't create a new ID, do a name change. That way you will retain access to your data and purchases.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Sep 5, 2018 7:27 AM in response to mhamadfrommoscow

If you are getting a message that the ID you are trying to change to is not available, it means that the ID in question is either set up as a Rescue email address on your current or another Apple ID, or that the address in question has been used for an Apple ID within the last year.

If it is a Rescue email address, it must be removed before it can be used as a primary Apple ID, and there may be a waiting period before it is available to be used again. If you find this to be the case, you can contact Apple Support to see if they can provide you with any help: ACCOUNT SECURITY SUPPORT

As far as creating a new ID and merging data from an old one, that is not something that can be done. Each Apple ID is a unique account, and two separate accounts cannot be combined into a single one. You can select the one that you use most (and the one that has the majority of your iCloud data on it, and then set up a Family Sharing plan to share purchases, calendars, and some photos:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Best,

GB

e-mail on apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.