Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete Apple Health app or its data?

I have 1.5 Gb of data in my Health app. How do I delete the data or the app?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Sep 5, 2018 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2018 5:36 PM

For the benefit of others who might look for this info in this forum, with the same (zero) results I obtained, here is the way to delete Health app data from iMore.com:

How to delete data from the Health app

1. Launch the Health app from your Home screen.
  2. Choose a category.
  3. Select the subject, such as Active Energy or Sleep Analysis, from which you wish to remove data.
  4. Tap Show All Data.
  5. Find the data that you want to remove and tap Edit.
  6. Find the data that you want to remove and tap Edit.
  7. When deleting select pieces of data, tap the subtraction symbol in the red circle next to the data point or points you wish to remove.
  8. Tap Delete.
  9. If you wish to remove all of a subject's data, tap Delete All.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2018 5:36 PM in response to tfeledy

For the benefit of others who might look for this info in this forum, with the same (zero) results I obtained, here is the way to delete Health app data from iMore.com:

How to delete data from the Health app

1. Launch the Health app from your Home screen.
  2. Choose a category.
  3. Select the subject, such as Active Energy or Sleep Analysis, from which you wish to remove data.
  4. Tap Show All Data.
  5. Find the data that you want to remove and tap Edit.
  6. Find the data that you want to remove and tap Edit.
  7. When deleting select pieces of data, tap the subtraction symbol in the red circle next to the data point or points you wish to remove.
  8. Tap Delete.
  9. If you wish to remove all of a subject's data, tap Delete All.

Dec 27, 2018 11:59 AM in response to ivanowski

My health app data shows almost 6GB. I tried the recommended ways to delete all data of all types of activities. But, the data still takes the same storage space. I've tried many times. Some times I saw the amount of storage space being removed from health but added to System. Then, when I enabled health app, it took back the same storage space. This seems like a defect that needs to be resolved. It is bad to think that you need to buy more storage because of this problem.

How to delete Apple Health app or its data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.