Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone disabled on iphone7+??

When I make calls it’ll either say “call failed” or the speaker phone button will be greyed out and I cannot hear anything from the caller and the caller cannot hear anything from me. It also effects taking video in all my other apps. There’s no sound in any of the videos. It works with my car Bluetooth but my headphone speaker doesn’t work either and my Bluetooth headphone speakers doesn’t work (again, greyed out speaker even though I’m not even using the iPhone microphone) my phone still charges (because my headphone that plug in don’t work at all since this happened, I can only use my Bluetooth headphones) unsure what could be going on, i Had been taking videos with sound all day and even made a phone call a little while before. All of a sudden i got a call and it started doing this.

Posted on Sep 6, 2018 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2018 6:52 PM

Follow the steps in "If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working" to test each microphone on your iPhone, and check out the "Get help" section for some further troubleshooting.

If none of that resolves the issue, then it's likely a hardware issue, in which case you should contact Apple Support.

2 replies

Microphone disabled on iphone7+??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.