Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caching with multiple public IP'S, One is wrong!

Hi Apple experts,

I am currently running a Mac Mini on 10.12.6 I dont want to upgrade to 10.13 as I prefer the server.app for content caching as opposed to the sharing pane of system in 10.13.

I have 2 public IP addresses that I would like to cache content for. So I set these up in the caching system. Server registered just fine.

Yet when I run AssetCachelocatorUtil from terminal I get incorrect IP address

I see two addresses, One is correct and the other is an old public IP address that we no longer use.

So if I have device that uses the public address thats correct it sees the caching server and will work accordingly.

If i have a device using my other public address it fails to see the caching server and reports its public IP address is outside the configured range.

Im guessing there is a plist file somewhere with the configured public IP addresses? I just cant seem to find it.

Any help on how I can clear this. I'd like to get it working before the iOS and MacOS comes out.

Thanks in advance.

Shaunie

Mac mini, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Sep 7, 2018 4:25 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 7, 2018 7:48 AM in response to shaunfromhull

Below is a partial output from AssetCacheLocatorUtil.

You can see the 2 configured public IP's 92.xxx and 62.xxx

Then on the next line you can see my actual public IP 81.xxx

81.xx is my current and 92.xx is my other current IP. 62.XXX is one that we had a while ago but it hasnt been used in over 2 months and the mac mini has been set to use a single public IP (Its own) until today when I tried to add the second one.

User uploaded file

Sep 8, 2018 2:53 AM in response to More Broccoli Please

Hello More Broccoli Please.

Thanks for your reply. I did find an erroneous entry in DNS for the wayward public IP. I have now correct my DNS server (screenshot below) I have flushed out DNS on my macs and ran DIG -t TXT _aaplcache._tcp.my-domain.com and get back the two correct public IP address. However AssetCacheLocatorUtil is still showing the incorrect public IP. Do I just need to wait for that to update itself?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Caching with multiple public IP'S, One is wrong!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.