Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV + Bose Solo soundbar - remote not "learning"

I have a lg-65UJ6300 (65" 4k) TV

with a Bose Solo soundbar attached via Optical to the TV.

The Solo has a small standard IR remote.

I have the "Simplink HDMI-CEC" setting turned ON on the TV.

I recently purchased an Apple TV 4k edition, and obviously want to use the Apple TV remote to control the Bose soundbar.

However, the Apple TV refuses to Learn the IR signal from the Bose.

It DOES register the IR signal from the LG remote in learning mode (but that's useless, since I don't use that remote to control any volume.)

I had previously used Tivo, and the was able to get the Tivo remote to learn the Bose signal.

But this Apple remote will not. It refuses to see the + or - signal during the learning process.

I'm not sure who's problem it is ... something in the Apple TV?

Is there another setting on the TV that might be preventing this???

It's all brand new gear that should easily work together. I'm really stumped.

Apple TV 4K, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 7, 2018 3:04 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 8, 2018 4:13 AM in response to mattfromdowningtown

The Apple TV should be able to control volume on TVs and receivers connected through HDMI. If your soundbar has a different connection type and a separate remote, then the designed method may not work.

AppleTV + Bose Solo soundbar - remote not "learning"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.