Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blender Issue

Hi all, I'm currently studying graphic design, we are currently working with 3D graphics, and have been told that we will be using the free application called "Blender", I am wondering if I can run this application on an:

iBook

1.33Ghz

512MB RAM

400GB Disc space (including external HD)

Dual display (iBook + external monitor)

Mac OSX 10.4.6

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

iMac Pro, iOS 10.3.3, null

Posted on Sep 9, 2018 8:57 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 10, 2018 1:13 AM in response to blenderadvisors

IF you have a later Intel-based MacBook or other non-PPC post 2006 Apple computer with Intel CPU

there is a better chance at finding a version of Blender for Mac OS X 10.6.x and later than an ancient

PPC G4 iBook, with Tiger OS X 10.4.x

The 64-bit (Snow Leopard version) for macOS X won't run in old PPC hardware.

IF you had an Intel-based Mac, with adequate hardware upgrade capabilities, then

you may be able to locate an older version Blender to see what compatibility exists.

https://www.blender.org/download/releases/

There does not appear to be a valid connection between the older Mac you have and this application.

User uploaded file

The specifications and minimal for Blender support in hardware point to a newer Intel-based PC or

dual-core (or maybe quad core) Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later. Options would open to you if you had

a modern Mac and if you needed to run Windows version, there's BootCamp. (Or linux unix variant.)

User uploaded file

Blender Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.