Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed Validation on Apple Podcast

Hello!

I submitted my podcast using the Anchor app on my iPhone.

It has been published in numerous podcast apps like Stitcher and Spotify but when I logged into podcastsconnect.apple.com and tried to validate my podcast, it gave the status "Failed Validation."

It did not provide any reason why or any other option to try and validate it again.

I have not received any emails from Apple or Anchor saying my podcast has been rejected either.

My RSS feed is: https://anchor.fm/s/6a3fb50/podcast/rss

User uploaded file

Please advise - Thanks in advance!

null-OTHER, iOS 11.4.1, Apple Podcasts

Posted on Sep 10, 2018 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2018 2:55 PM

Sadly Anchor is submitting shows directly to Apple Podcasts - this means you lose access to all the stats Apple provides. No one serious about podcasting should ever host on Anchor. Beyond Anchor getting control of your show in Apple Podcasts so that you can't check stats - their terms of service allow any other Anchor user to take and re-edit / re-distribute content however they want.

Anchor's terms of service are not podcaster friendly - and the service should IMO never be used by anyone remotely serious about their podcast. If you need free hosting go with Internet Archive - their terms are user friendly.

Rob W

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2018 2:55 PM in response to krysfromsydney

Sadly Anchor is submitting shows directly to Apple Podcasts - this means you lose access to all the stats Apple provides. No one serious about podcasting should ever host on Anchor. Beyond Anchor getting control of your show in Apple Podcasts so that you can't check stats - their terms of service allow any other Anchor user to take and re-edit / re-distribute content however they want.

Anchor's terms of service are not podcaster friendly - and the service should IMO never be used by anyone remotely serious about their podcast. If you need free hosting go with Internet Archive - their terms are user friendly.

Rob W

Sep 10, 2018 3:47 AM in response to krysfromsydney

I get the same message when checking. Podcasts Connect thinks that you have previously submitted your podcast - when this is the case you can't validate it again. I assume you hadn't in fact submitted the feed before? I don't know anything about Anchor FM - some podcast creation services will submit to Podcasts Connect themselves: might they have done this? (It's not a good ideal because you don't have control of the feed).

If it really hasn't been submitted before then it might be a glitch at Apple's end. There was recently a glitch with submissions being reject automatically but in error (this has been fixed) so it's not completely impossible.

If it's possible for you to change the feed URL, even slightly, then submit it again that would be your next step: I can see that this might not be possible. Your only other option is to contact Podcasts Support and explain the situation.Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Sep 10, 2018 3:50 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks, Roger! Yes, there’s an option for Anchor to publish my podcast automatically so maybe that’s why it says I ‘submitted’ it previously.

I tried changing my RSS feed link by slightly modifying the album photo - which was a suggestion you said on a different discussion thread - but had no luck.

I’ve shot an email to the podcast support team and hopefully will get a reply soon.

Sep 10, 2018 4:02 AM in response to krysfromsydney

To get round this you would have to change the feed URL - I rather assume Anchor won't allow you to do this. If they have submitted it for you then it should turn up in the Store eventually - it might take a couple of weeks. Presumably Anchor will let you know. The trouble with this is that they effectively own the podcast, not you, and though you can add episodes through them you can't do anything else. Probably this will all be OK, but you won't be able to shift to another host should you want to, and should they go out of business you will lose your podcast entirely.

Failed Validation on Apple Podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.