Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect alpine car stereo with iPhone 7

I have tried several times to connect my iPhone to my Alpine car stereo with bluetooth. My wife iPhone connects instantly but mine won't. I have removed the alpine car stereo from my wife phone and tried mine again but it will not connect. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Sep 10, 2018 11:45 AM

1 reply

Sep 11, 2018 12:13 PM in response to StanJanice

Hello StanJanice,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're unable to pair your iPhone 7 to your car stereo via Bluetooth. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

Here's a resource that can help:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car - Apple Support

Specifically, try the steps in this section:

If you connect using Bluetooth

1. Restart your device.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
  3. Check your car stereo's user manual for how to pair with a Bluetooth device. Most cars require a phone setup on the car display.
  4. If you've connected multiple phones to your car stereo, try renaming your device: Go to Settings > General > About > Name, and type a new name. Then try connecting again.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

Unable to connect alpine car stereo with iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.