Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and FaceTime issue on MacBook Air

My computer will not let me sign in to iMessage or FaceTime using my Apple ID. I am putting in the correct information and when I submit it an error message pops up and says "an error occurred during authentication." Checked my network connection and it is great. please help if you can.

Posted on Sep 10, 2018 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2018 3:36 PM

josiefromhampton wrote:

My computer will not let me sign in to iMessage or FaceTime using my Apple ID. I am putting in the correct information and when I submit it an error message pops up and says "an error occurred during authentication." Checked my network connection and it is great. please help if you can.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2018 3:36 PM in response to josiefromhampton

josiefromhampton wrote:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Sep 10, 2018 5:18 PM in response to josiefromhampton

If the above doesn't work, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If the initial contact can’t help you, ask them to have someone who can help contact you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

iMessage and FaceTime issue on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.