Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

personal hotspot no ip, not working

Hi,

Can't get the personal hotspot to work on my iPhone X.

When I try to connect the device connecting just don't get an IP address.

I have tried both from my MacBook Pro (2018 Touch Bar), from my MacBook Air (2013) and from my Android tablet.

Trying to set the IP address manually makes net wifi manager on the computers think it's connected, but ping still results in a "No route to host".

Restarting the iPhone gets the hotspot working again every time, but that is pretty annoying.

I have also tried to switch flight mode on and off, no difference.

IOS: 11.4.1 (on Danish carrier TDC)

MacOS: High Sirrea 10.13.6 on both Mac's

This is starting to get on my nerves!

All suggestions are very wellcome.

/Morten

iPhone X, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 11, 2018 3:43 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 11, 2018 10:15 AM in response to MortenVinding

MortenVinding wrote:

Hi,

Can't get the personal hotspot to work on my iPhone X.

When I try to connect the device connecting just don't get an IP address.

I have tried both from my MacBook Pro (2018 Touch Bar), from my MacBook Air (2013) and from my Android tablet.

Trying to set the IP address manually makes net wifi manager on the computers think it's connected, but ping still results in a "No route to host".

Restarting the iPhone gets the hotspot working again every time, but that is pretty annoying.

I have also tried to switch flight mode on and off, no difference.

IOS: 11.4.1 (on Danish carrier TDC)

MacOS: High Sirrea 10.13.6 on both Mac's

This is starting to get on my nerves!

All suggestions are very wellcome.

/Morten

Double check you've tired everything If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Sep 12, 2018 12:49 AM in response to razmee209

Thanks.

But I think I made it pretty clear that restarting my iPhone X (as suggested in "If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support") DOES get my hotspot running again... every time...

The problem is I have to restart my iPhone _every_time_ I want to use personal hotspot. Than can't be right.

Sep 12, 2018 8:25 AM in response to MortenVinding

MortenVinding wrote:

Thanks.

But I think I made it pretty clear that restarting my iPhone X (as suggested in "If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support") DOES get my hotspot running again... every time...

The problem is I have to restart my iPhone _every_time_ I want to use personal hotspot. Than can't be right.

There are a lot more steps than restarting your phone as outline in the link and if you read all the way to the bottom of the link it states to contact Apple support if you're still having issue? Have you contacted them?

personal hotspot no ip, not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.