Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password Reset: password field missing in Exchange email settings

I'm trying to change the password of my school's exchange email account on my iPhone 6 plus (iOS 11).

When I go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Exchange (my school email) > Account > Advanced Settings, there is just no password field there, as per screenshot below -User uploaded file

Now I've read online that Apple deliberately removes the password field so that once the account is setup, it can seamlessly communicate with the server, without the need to go into password details ever again. If there is an error connecting with the server, one can tap into the error pop up from the email and enter the new password there.

When I go to my exchange account, I can see there's an error message at the bottom that says "Account Error: Exchange". There is a 'details' link next to it, but when I tap on it, I just get a pop up saying "Cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed". Screenshots below -

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

That's all there is. I've spent over two days trying to figure out how to enter the new password. I can't imagine why Apple makes our lives miserable like this. If there was a password field, all this could have been avoided.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Sep 11, 2018 3:14 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 11, 2018 3:39 PM in response to razmee209

Didn't you see the first screenshot that I posted? There's no password field where you're claiming there is.

Here are more screenshots from the exchange account. The first one is when I select the "exchange" account and the second one when I tap on the account name.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

When I click on "Advanced Settings" in the last screenshot, it takes me to what I posted in the first screenshot in my original post.

Password Reset: password field missing in Exchange email settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.