Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Oticon Hearing Aides and iPhone 8 or higher

I currently have an iPhone 7 and the Oticon Opn3 hearing aides. I just got the aides 2 days ago and have confirmed they're working great. I spoke with Apple this morning and she noted multiple complaints of the iphone 7 pairing with the Oticon hearing aids. While some of the issues were resolved with an iOS upgrade, not all were. I have the latest iOS (11.4.1) on my iPhone 7 and am eligible for an upgrade through TMobiles JUMP program. I am debating on whether or not it's worth it to upgrade.

The Apple representative had a few comments that I feel were good points:

- Upgrading to the iPhone 8 may or may not improve the syncing issues. I've read in this forum that the syncing with the iPhone 8 works great (one user posted this), however there were multiple complaints of a clicking sound. While the syncing issue hasn't been constant, it has been consistent (3 times yesterday, 2 times the day I got it, and 1 time this morning already). If the clicking sound is constant, I'm not sure which is more annoying.

- Since the new iPhones will probably be coming out this fall, I wondered if it would be worthwhile to wait. She said personally, and not on behalf of Apple, she would suggest the 8 as there has been more time to address bugs etc.

What do you think? For those who have the Oticons, is it worthwhile to upgrade to the 8 despite the clicking? Wait? Stick with the 7?

Thanks!

Kristi

iPhone 7, iOS 11.4.1, Oticon Opn3

Posted on Sep 13, 2018 9:19 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 5, 2018 4:12 PM in response to Kristi_5

I have Oticon Opn as well, and use the iPhone 8 - they pair perfectly, I have never had a single issue. Streaming quality is very clear and it is very easy to set up and use.

I cannot comment on the new phones released two weeks ago though, but I am not a fan of the notch, so I am perfectly happen with the iPhone 8 😊

Oticon Hearing Aides and iPhone 8 or higher

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.