Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

static screen?

I just purchased the new macbook pro (2017, no touch bar) two weeks ago directly from the apple site and it seems that when I wake my computer up from "sleep mode" (does not seem to matter how long its been asleep for) there is a static screen for about a second then goes to my login screen.

Although I'm not concerned yet regarding the static screen as it doesn't seem to effect the functionality of my macbook, it is disappointing that my brand-new-never-before-used laptop seems to be having this issue. Does anyone else have this issue or know of a remedy for it? I read on other forums its a bug from High Sierra 10.13.4 (mine is operating on 10.13.6). Wondering if apple is working on a fix for it?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 14, 2018 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2018 12:46 PM

Nobody here actually knows what Apple is working on a fix on. You are under a one year limited warranty that can be extended to three years from date of computer's purchase during that year through the AppleCare program.

If it starts exhibiting other issues that are affecting its usability, I would definitely have it looked at for repair.

Backup your data regularly.

This kind of issue is not necessarily "normal", and video chip might be having problems or inverter fuses or cables.

liquid damage or falls or surges could affect components in random ways.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2018 12:46 PM in response to siobhan185

Nobody here actually knows what Apple is working on a fix on. You are under a one year limited warranty that can be extended to three years from date of computer's purchase during that year through the AppleCare program.

If it starts exhibiting other issues that are affecting its usability, I would definitely have it looked at for repair.

Backup your data regularly.

This kind of issue is not necessarily "normal", and video chip might be having problems or inverter fuses or cables.

liquid damage or falls or surges could affect components in random ways.

static screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.