Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home pod not running playlist siri shortcut

I set up a shortcut to play one particular playlist on my iPhone, however, when I try to tell Siri to execute it on my HomePod, it starts on my phone. ???????

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 5:13 PM

5 replies

Sep 19, 2018 2:47 AM in response to boosf

There is currently a bug that I noticed too for the execution of Shortcuts from the HomePod. It will often remain stuck on one indefinitely. Stopping it from the iPhone works for me.

Shortcuts can only execute functions on the iPhone itself — even when launched from the HomePod. There is no way of interacting with the HP through a Shortcut natively. If music is your concern, the only way to have it aired to the HP is to set the AirPlay audio output of your iPhone on the HP beforehand.

Sep 19, 2018 8:29 AM in response to Emul0rd

But one shortcut works flawlessly on the HomePod. I say "Hey Siri", then my recorded command and Siri opens the playlist and begins playing on the HomePod. But only the one shortcut. Others I've tried programming the exact same way always fail. After a fail, the original shortcut which worked fine, now will only start on my iPhone. It requires unplugging the HomePod and restarting it to enable the shortcut to work again. Frankly, without some sort of instructions as to exactly how to use Siri Shortcuts from Apple, I'm inclined to just delete the app and forget about them.

home pod not running playlist siri shortcut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.